Barbara Dawson’s art explores a connection with the landscape and the environment. Her artwork ranges from evocative subdued eco prints to the bold effects of layered colour and texture. She works in the mediums of printmaking such as mono prints and collographs. She also exhibits her large scale drawings and textiles.
She has a Bachelor of Visual Art from the ANU and spent twenty years in Canberra schools teaching visual art, media studies and photo media. She works consistently at her art practice and has exhibited successfully in both in selected, group and solo shows. Her artwork has been exhibited at; Gallery 76 Queen Street Sydney, Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Strathnairn Arts, Canberra and Jervis Bay Gallery and Museum, Her artwork can be found at Huskisson Gallery and SRG.
What to Bring
Student Requirements List
- One Gelli ® Plate size 5” x 7” Or 6” x 6’’. There will be several plates to share but bringing a small one of your own is desirable.
- If you wish to make your own, see links below for recipe. They are not as strong as commercial plates but will suffice for workshop.
- Make this several days before workshop.
- 60-100 ml tubes of water-based acrylic paint in the following colours: red, blue, yellow, white and black. Supermarket or discount store variety will be adequate.
- 2-3 foam rollers approx. 7-8 cm, discount store variety or if available, 1 small lino brayer.
- Paper: One A4, unlined 120-page cartridge paper journal, minimum 110gsm, discount store or art supplies store.
- Masking tape
- Packet of baby wipes
- Several Chux clothes or similar
- Plastic bucket or large clean ice cream tub
- Table covering such as plastic drop sheet or cut up one sturdy large garbage
- Apron, disposable gloves
- Notebook and pencil
- You must wear closed-toe shoes (no thongs or sandals)
- Apron, protective clothes or old clothes
Materials fee $10 – payable directly to your tutor.
Your Tutor will provide:
- Material fee will cover extra paper, heavy duty card in black and
white, for cards and display and thread for book binding and other
paint colours for experimentation.
→ DOWNLOAD REQUIREMENTS LIST PDF